LookFabuluxe Spotlight: The FAB Dr. Aisha Mitchell July 02 2018, 2 Comments
1. Introduce yourself to our readers: My name is Dr. Aisha Mitchell from Columbia, SC. I am a wife and mother of 2 adorable daughters. I am a Doctor of Chiropractic in the Atlanta area who specializes in personal injury with an emphasis on acute/soft tissue injuries. I am also a member of the FAB Delta Sigma Theta sisterhood. When I'm not working, I enjoy spending time with my family & friends.
2. What or who inspires you: I know it may sound cliche but my mother inspires me. Whatever obstacles that come her way, she deals with them with grace.
3. What advice would you share with those who are pursuing their dream: Get organized--- Make a plan. We all know where we want to be in life but unsure of the steps it takes to get there. While the steps may change while reaching the goal, the blueprint will not.
4. Discuss a professional challenge and how you overcame it: I definitely had to overcome being "too" nice & passive. It is assumed that doctors are arrogant, unapproachable and do not fully listen to patients complaints. I was determined not to be that way and in return my kindness was taken advantage of. I had to find a happy medium and now I feel more successful in that aspect.
5.What is next for your brand/business in 2017-2018? In 2018-2019 my plans are to become more involved in the different areas of the personal injury world. My husband is a chiropractor as well so I would definitely like to build more with him, investing in more projects that will increase our revenue.
6. What is your favorite quote? "Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you will be criticized anyway." -Eleanor Roosevelt-
7. What are some of your MUST HAVE fashion staples? I really prefer to keep it simple, so definitely a solid v-neck t-shirt, favorite pair of jeans, complimented with soft glam make-up. I love to highlight & contour my face with light blush. Dolled up face with simple clothing... that's my signature staple.